Bullying-Crisis ReportingWhat is bullying?
- Repeated acts or gestures, including verbal or written communications transmitted including cyberbullying (social media, cell phones, texting, e-mail, pictures and/or video);
- Physical acts committed or aggressive behavior that involve intentional, unwanted, negative actions; or
- Any behaviors committed;
- Involves an imbalance of power by a student or groups of students against another student with the intent to harass, intimidate, ridicule, humiliate, or harm the other student.
- The discipline rules shall apply regardless of the location of the bullying and discipline action is reasonably necessary to avoid substantial iinterferences at school.
- Provisions concerning bullying education, parent involvement, reporting, investigation, and intervention and protocols will be developed and implemented.
- Students and parents should report any incidents of concern immediately to a school official. Confidentiality will be maintained as much as possible. Anonymous reporting will be available.
- Once a reported incident has been investigated to be a bullying incident, schools are required to contact parents of the targeted student and the bully in an expedited manner.
- When the nature of an incident is determined to be an illegal act, the incident should be reported to a law enforcement agency.
Click the button below to report a bullying\crisis concern